Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mass archon vs Z

Go down 
+3
Zee
icekid
Wolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolf

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:15 am

Hey all, I see this more and more:

IMO mass archon vs Zerg is very hard to beat, of course with good team mates and strats it's possible to win but if you say lack a Terran, you can be in a lot of trouble. Like you could go Immos but another team mate of yours can just easily counter them etc.

Seeing as like all Zerg units are biological, they get massive damage done against them, so I propose some sort of slightly cost should be added to the archon, enough for people to still want to make some, just so they cannot mass.

Thoughts/suggestions? Smile

Edit: Hope this is the right place!
Back to top Go down
icekid

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:48 am

mhh you are right they are strong the only way to beat them ist to go forr mass brutelords and 2 infestors with fungal and some rohes as schield

a battle if you are lucky an do not engage a rest army the roahes attak the archons the infestors make fumgal and the brutelings will stop the archons before close in and this will thier end because the archons can't kill the brutelordas and die slowy of bruteling and brutelords attak important is to push the armor tech so the brutelings do not die from the first attak
ultras and roahes can to easy be countered with immortals

i would do them t3 since it is only possibleto really hurt them wit t3 units
Back to top Go down
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Well their damage is biased versus zerg. As zerg the way to beat them is to mass hydralisks, since they have 0 armor the hydra DPS with some cover (lings, roaches) will quickly kill them. Queens are also great meat shield versus them.

What could be changed maybe is their bonus damage (from bio to light). This makes them still effective versus units they are supposed to be (lings, mutas, marines, zealots), less effective versus roaches, ultralisks or marauders, but it also makes them good versus the other light flyers (banshee, phoenix), and more GtA for the protoss is alway good. As for Ultras P already has immortals that counter them super hard.
Back to top Go down
icekid

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:30 am

well if he have to much archons the aoe dmh relly will melt away lings fast and the roahes too and in a direct battle will the archon kill 3 hydras after 2 shots becaues they stick so strong and they have not much hp to hold out long
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:09 pm

Well it's worth a try, I mean even with AoE it's probably be easier to mass stuff out but then again not hard to get like a couple of immos with the archons to take out mass roaches for example.

I'm also open to the idea of making them T3.

I rekcon either of these ideas could work tbh
Back to top Go down
icekid

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:51 am

i tried both and both work out by the hydra tatic be carefull because a colosi could get you realy in trouble
Back to top Go down
Daniel
User
User

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:27 am

Agree to the topic.

Right now I beat zergs very very easily. Archon solve it, of course not only. If he goes Hydras.. he does a general very weak unit at all that is easily countered by my allies and my other units. Zealots anyone??
-Hydras do bad in general when the meatshield is gone. No Heal. Low HP. Win Win for the Toss.

-Broodlords do nothing vs archons as their attacks are instantly and instantly kill broodlings (upgrades).

-Everyunit in the Zerg arsenal is countered by Archons!! Even Mass Ultralisk stack up and take aoe damage + bioligical bonus damage. Ok Ultralisk beat Archon but they are a higher Tier, higher cost and are melee -> Immortal etc beats them.

-It limits the Zerg very very much.

Back to top Go down
Arkless
Editor (Coder)
Editor (Coder)

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:10 am

I suggest queens as meatshield and hydras for the dmg. You can build 1 queen + 1 hyrda (+you got something left) for each archon. In the beginning you might be the loser, but with 10+ archons they cant shoot at the same time because they simply block each other. The queens however will keep healing n healing... 10 queens = 1500 in 20 heals
Back to top Go down
icekid

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:49 am

by brutelords it realy comes to math a single brutelord really do not help but if you have maybe 3 or more even a toss will get in trouble a single brutelord attak wit 4 brutelings so many brutes means insane amoum of brutelings so even 2 dies per archon shot the archons can:t get close to the brutelords and yust die after a time
Back to top Go down
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:24 pm

i dont know, but we could realize that archons cost + 5/10 minerals per zerg in the opponent team but i dont know if its really nessesary, i'll make a poll soon
Back to top Go down
https://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
Tenshi711
User
User

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:27 am

Mass archons is easy to beat with Zerg.

You need :
Infestors fully upgraded. Neural parasite is the best strategy of the game against mass high cost units.
Hydralisks

Thats it Wink
You can add some queens/roaches just in case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mass archon vs Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass archon vs Z   Mass archon vs Z Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass archon vs Z
Page 1 of 1