Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Make higher priority against air for Scouts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beetlelisk

Make higher priority against air for Scouts Empty
PostSubject: Make higher priority against air for Scouts   Make higher priority against air for Scouts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:41 am

Like in the thread name, Scouts tend to shoot at units that can't even shoot back to air, even when enemy air units are in a close proximity. Making it higher priority against air like Archons and Thors have would be really awesome.

Thank you for your attention!
Back to top Go down
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Make higher priority against air for Scouts   Make higher priority against air for Scouts Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:29 pm

For some time I thought this problem was solved, but it seems like it is not.

Scouts still have their weapons in the wrong order (they think their blasters are their primary weapons - they shoot colossi with that instead of missiles). Reversing the weapon order seemed to work in my experience. Other solution (only for the colossi) could be to exclude air targets from the blasters' target list. For some reason Blizz put the scout weapons on wrong (Wraiths and Goliaths do not have this problem).
Back to top Go down
PSYCHOPATH.176

PostSubject: Re: Make higher priority against air for Scouts   Make higher priority against air for Scouts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:00 am

I think there should something be done about the AI of short ranged air anti air units. Both phoenix and scouts tend to ignore air units, if they are behind ground units, even if the phoenix have no energy. I think this does not occur for corruptors, because unlike the phoenix, they do not even use their skill against ground units (or even if they do, they ignore them after using the skill).
So a solution would be to let those units attack air units, if those are in a certain range, even if there are ground units that are closer. As I have no experience with the editor I do not know, how this can be done, but I hope I have described it sufficiently accurate to understand.
I do not know, whether the priority has been fixed for scouts, but protoss anti air still patiently waits in front of ground units to get killed by vikings or simply ignore medivacs and ravens.
Back to top Go down
hanibal

PostSubject: Working on it...   Make higher priority against air for Scouts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:52 am

As you may have seen in my post in Future Game Changes (Desert Strike evolves to HotS), I have updated the original map to HotS including many bugfixes. By now, i have created a private test version of the map. On this map version I tried to improve unit AI. This also includes Scouts focussing air units first. Later on this may also me added for the phoenix.
i think the problem with the phoenix is, that it uses a weapon (vs ground only) to cast lift. Therefore it may not attack enemy flying units, while ground units are around. Even if energy is too low to cast.

Anyways, if anyone of you would like to test it out just PM me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make higher priority against air for Scouts   Make higher priority against air for Scouts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make higher priority against air for Scouts
Page 1 of 1