Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sry for beeing not aktive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

PostSubject: Sry for beeing not aktive   Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:18 am

Sorry for beeing unavailable for such a long time.

Atm we are woring on a better System and new toys for you Wink

We hope we can releas *desert strike 1339* before 2012.

I will be aktive in the forum aigain, but atm we are busy with the new version with is much diffrent than the old one.
I hope you are patient with us.

Yust a little sneak peak x):

hf Sylon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:00 pm

looks awesome.

I would advice that you run the spelling in the game by me so it will look a lot better than the current game Smile

If you want to do that, pm me please and I'll give the info you need.

and thx for being back Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulCleaver

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:43 pm

Angelus wrote:
looks awesome.

I would advice that you run the spelling in the game by me so it will look a lot better than the current game Smile

If you want to do that, pm me please and I'll give the info you need.

and thx for being back Smile

Yes please.
The game would seem a lot more proffesional if all the typos/missspellings (and bugs Smile ) are taking care off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:45 am

Is there any more news to share? Or could you please devote a few minutes (or however long it takes) to do some very needed bugfixes? Bugs, like concussive shell not working, banelings ignoring buildings (unless that was untentional, in which case it should be mentioned in the game), the ability so sell the buildings of your allies once they've left, the neutral creatures attacking your stuff or neutrals creatures that serve as a distraction for one's own army and also the cannon kill netting different amounts of minerals depending on the number of players in the team responsible for the kill.

There are some more things I'd like to see fixed - like the raven and phoenix AI, those stupid carrots fired by the queens, hellion upgrade cost and effect (should be 150 -> 100 and dmg +5 -> +10), overlords not spreading creep when parked above the cannon, spawning order, army split (which could be caused by the earlier mentioned neutral units), the spelling issues.

There are probably some more balance issues but if you guys could manage to hotfix the issues mentioned in the top paragraph and just normal fix the issues mentioned in the 2nd paragraph, that would help out a lot. Also, providing patch notes (both on the website as in the help menue in the game) is rather important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoscur

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:35 am

Hey Sylon, nice to hear from you. Good thing you are not dead! ;D

As much as I appreciate that you are working on a new great version, I would still like you to do some small improvements for the old 1338 desertstrike. It's played a lot, and I'd would be really nice to have these small things fixed. I'm sure you can even use your improvements in the new version, and if you fixed them there, please backport them.

There is/was a small bug, when a player in the team leaves, I noticed, that the team gets a mineral reset, which puts them far behind the team without the leaver (aren't they punished enough for losing a teammate?), lately I haven't seen it anymore, did you fix it? If not, please consider it while fixing the income/sell balance when people leave.

Edit: Just had the bug again. It happens when someone leaves while loading.

Last edited by Phoscur on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulCleaver

PostSubject: Priority   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:45 am

I agree. It is not because development of new features is unimportant, but general bug-fixing should have a higher priority. Idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:01 pm

I advise you to become more active on the forum, as you said you would Smile

Tbh mate, if you need help with this map, please say so. I can't even modify a single bloody marine, but you can definitely ask someone else to help you out and fix the current version Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:29 am

It's a shame that despite all their good intentions and promises, they are still not active. their last post was almost 2 weeks ago. A small post saying that they're too busy now to reply would be fine, that would take no more than 3 minutes, max. Maybe this forum is really dying Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:43 pm

still no activity? SadSad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:45 am

merry christmas too you
We dont work at he old version anymore., because everything we fix there we must fix twise.
Arkless is working on new code atm, me on some new units.

We know that the uploaded version has some faults, but we just dont have the time.

sorry sylon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:51 am

Very Happy you don't have to finish the new version before 2012 Razz Just make it work properly. I think that's more important than releasing it quickly.

The reason for not fixing current bugs is quite reasonable, so no argument there Razz

I suggest that you take these bug reports into consideration and fix them in the upcoming version and just take your time. I'll continue to play desert strike for the coming weeks and I won't be alone in that. We know the bugs, so we can work around them for the most part.

Also, I really suggest you let me take a look at the language stuff.

Something that could help spread the upcoming version is a small message on the loading screen to advertise the new version (without a release date) so the players who aren't on this forum know about it as well and can look forward to it. If you do this, it will also mean that if you have a release date, you'll need to update the loading screen to spread the word Smile

Good luck making it work. I hope you can find the time to make more frequent updates (like once every 4 days or so, I don't no shit about coding or programming so I don't know what timeframe is reasonable).

Sorry for my harsh language in my post above, I had a really bad day. It's no excuse, but it is a reason.

Merry Christmas Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dabaq

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:44 am

Great to see desert strike 1339 in progress, any update on it so far Smile?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Looks pretty nice. Does it work by averaging the votes?

It will make random games a lot more varied for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sry for beeing not aktive   

Back to top Go down

Sry for beeing not aktive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Desert Strike 1338 :: General Topics :: Off Topic-
Jump to: