Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lurkers with queens

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FrEddyTK
User
User

Lurkers with queens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lurkers with queens   Lurkers with queens Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:39 am

Zepnic wrote:
Queens + Lurkers can be countered pretty easily by Siege Tanks in siege mode.

After that, if the tanks dont kill the zerg fast enough, you could add a few EMP ghosts.

And dont be afraid to scan if your Ravens die.

Yes, thats indeed a good strategy i played many times now - as terran and i encountered tanks as zerg. And it forces zerg to stop lurker imo. If i play zerg, mass tank is really scary.

And ... although it is right to say that lurker is overpowered and every zerg is playing lurker now:
i lost few games with lurker. IMO the central weakness of every lurker based strategy is:
- u cannot sell them and they dont shoot at air
- so if u face many lurker or if u see that there will come more - u can easily go air and plus sell your ground if u need or want.
- IMO this is working in a 3v3 very well. In an 1v1 game i wouldnt go air only but building tanks.

In a 3v3 i once faced a team with 3 zerg and i was at first position as zerg: i played lurker and i lost my wave (we lost mid control and finally the game) whole time vs mass ling and banes. He just scanned like a terran and overrun my roach queen lurker composition.

btw imaeklurkerz: we played many games together now and i dont think u have any probs with zerg ^^, lg!
Back to top Go down
FrEddyTK
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Lurkers with queens   Lurkers with queens Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:20 am

Hi imaeklurkerz,

its a pity that theres so low activity here, ds is such a nice game. Where do i begin?

First of all, i think theres a big difference if zerg plays straight queen lurker - or first roach and then queen lurker. Overall, theres indeed no much room for mistakes.

A) Queen & Lurker:
- its crazy but mass rine only does work indeed. Key is mid control. So to hold mid - u can experiment with gas, tech or upgrade timing and which upgrade? First attack or defense ... . So much to consider.
- one possible tactic is: win with mass rines mid control (no shield, no other upgrades - stim too early is suicide). The aim is to have so much 0 0 rines that the lurker can hit only a few while the mass rines are shooting Very Happy.
- in my opinion mixing rauder is no good idea - because they are not effective vs queen.

With mid control:
- u can go the path of owning with pure cheap and effective mass in early and mid game. Invest gas in scanning - not too early t2 and raven because u cannot win mid with that. Without mid u will loose.
- u can take gas without loosing mid control.
- and switch between building and gas. I recommend to take gas OR go to t2 or t3.
- u have the choice: first building and taking all 3 gas. Or mix t2 between to go for tank. I dont recommend banshee because it is too ineffective vs queen - and much more expensive.
- but again: only take gas or go to t2 if mid is sure.

If zerg looses mid control - zerg has to mix other units. Then u can react. I played mass rines and it works.

B) First 5 roach and then straight queen lurker:
- this strategy is really nightmare for terran.
- i didnt find a good counter strategy yet. Problem is that rauder is good vs roach but useless vs. queen lurker. Rines are good vs queen but not vs roach. Banshee is no good idea, too.
- i tried rauder rine - not good. Then i mixed tanks but it was too late at that point of time. The mid was too long out of control. Perhaps i switched too late. In early u can get mid with rauder rine - and upgrades and stim. But with more lurkers its getting harder and harder.
- i will try straight raven viking next time and report.

Btw: we can experiment - my code is 735, my name is same.

And ah ... i found another thread, have a look: https://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com/t163p15-lurker-unit
Back to top Go down
imaeklurkerz

PostSubject: Re: Lurkers with queens   Lurkers with queens Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:40 am

hey Freddy, thanks for your answer,

yeah of course i make 2 or 3 ground units when i scan lurkerz on my ennemy's base,
then i go t2 for a raven, i then like to troll them with a cloaked banshee or two,
then ghosts of course, then tanks alright,
it's beatable of course in a team game,
plus as most of the zergs do that blindly and suck at countering cause its the only strat they know, it's easier now than before imo,
it's still very op tho, and lets very small room for mistakes.

proof that it's broken tho, is that it's still very op in 1v1, just played one, TvZ as usual, lost of course

i'd also like to give a good tip for beginners reading this, cause i see em fail a lot with scans, even tho it seems like basic stuff :
scan only after all/most of the units in front of the lurkers are dead !!
Back to top Go down
FrEddyTK
User
User

PostSubject: Lurkers with queens   Lurkers with queens Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 pm

imaeklurkerz wrote:
i can counter it when its badly executed with scanning on the first rounds, but overall its overpowered,

Hi,

i´m newbie here. I love desert and play it almost everyday. It´s possible to counter lurker queen. There are several strategies for terra - for example, bio units at the beginning indeed. And with rines u have scan ... .

Which units do u build in early?

In my opinion tanks and ghost are working more in mid/ late game, very expensive and for zerg too easy to counter. And, till mid/ late game - where tanks ghosts could work, if zerg is sleeping ^^ - the opponent has mid control whole time.

lg
freddy
Back to top Go down
imaeklurkerz

PostSubject: Re: Lurkers with queens   Lurkers with queens Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 am

i hope you're kidding
Back to top Go down
Deleteme

PostSubject: Re: Lurkers with queens   Lurkers with queens Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:53 am

Queens + Lurkers can be countered pretty easily by Siege Tanks in siege mode.

After that, if the tanks dont kill the zerg fast enough, you could add a few EMP ghosts.

And dont be afraid to scan if your Ravens die.
Back to top Go down
imaeklurkerz

PostSubject: Lurkers with queens   Lurkers with queens Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 am

Hi, i'm imaeklurkerz but you might know me as imaekroaches,

i wanted to know your opinion about queens to lurkers strategy, especially against terran,
its kind of bullshit, honestly ? queens got AA to destroy my expensive raven and can heal lurkers (!) that are already very OP by themselves,

theres not even a single game without this now,
i can counter it when its badly executed with scanning on the first rounds, but overall its overpowered,
i even think lurkers alone vs terran are kinda BS anyway,

its a shame cause this mod is great outside of that

thank you guys,
imaeklurkerz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lurkers with queens   Lurkers with queens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lurkers with queens
Page 1 of 1