Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Balance and interface suggestions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

Balance and interface suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Balance and interface suggestions   Balance and interface suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:25 am

Hi! Lately i've been playing this map for quite some time, and here i'd like to give my suggestions on what should be improved/changed whatever based on my experiences:

Interface:

The workers should have a starting tab, and when you enter an other tab there should be just one "back" button. This makes it possible to have more unit options or reasearch options.

Balance:

Protoss:
- Phoenixes seem to be underpowered, especially versus Terran. I'd suggest a range increase to 5 or 6 (to match range or outrange mutalisks), base armor increased to 1, and some tweak to their Graviton Beam AI.
- Carriers are woefully underpowered. My suggestion is: decrease damage to 4, decrease armor effect on damage to 0.5 (makes it more effective on Guardian Shielded or high armor units, but makes their DPS not overpowering, also makes their attacks scale a lot better), decrease attack cooldown on interceptors to 2.5-2.0 sec
- Dark Templars are useless once detection is out. They are too pricey for what they do. Cost should be 175 or 150, and they should inherit the Charge upgrade of zealots.
- Make charge upgrade cost 100 minerals.
- Add Khaydarin Amulet for templars (should be 150 minerals)

Terran:
- EMP seems to deal 75 damage instead of the listed 50. Change it to 50 damage on shields, 75 damage on energy.
- Banshees are very overpriced. 200 or 225 would feel better.
- Hellions plain suck. Increase their attack speed to 2 seconds.

Zerg:
- Banelings seem to be too effective even versus units they are not supposed to counter (Roach, Marauder) when in numbers. I suggest adding diminishing radius damage on them (similar to Siege Tanks or Archons)
- Hydralisks and Queens are too slow off creep. The should be able to keep up better with other units.
- The healing of Queens is slightly overpowered. IMO it would be better and more Zergy if they had a different ability alltogether, like some spawning stuff, or infestation (spawn units on death or something)
- Overseers are big floating piles of uselessness + they have energy to be fed back. They should have some ability, like that Contamination, only that it works on units and lasts a lot less time.
- Overlords are a bit too weak. They should have at least 100 HP.

Unit ideas (needs campaign dependency):

Protoss:
- Mothership (i know it's in plan): remove the Cloak Field (useless after detectors), add Planet Cracker (from Purifier, but a bit weaker), and instead of Mass Recall, add a temporary invulnerability that uses the same logic that Cloak does (activates when attacked), lasts a few seconds, uses the invulnerability shield of the Purifier). Building: nexus.
- Scout: cost: 225, stats: same as campaign, but: ground attack: 10 damage, air attack: 6 range. Has speed upgrade. Cheaper heavy AA than VRs. Building: Obelisk

Terran:
- Firebat (maybe replace Hellions with it?): cost: 125, stats: 125 HP, 1 armor, a bit faster attack than campaign. Building: Merc Compound or Refinery
- Wraith: cost: 175, stats: same as campaign, except air range is 6. Cheaper (and stealthy) alternative to Vikings. Building: Hive Mind Emulator
- Goliath: cost: 150, stats: same as campaign, has range upgrade and has multi-lock weapon by default. Building: Turret or Armory (then thor should be the nuke silo)
- Medic (replaces medivac): cost: 100, stats: same as campaign. IMO ground medics are cooler than medivacs (they only heal anyway) Building: Merc Compound or Bar

Zerg:
- Scourge: cost: 175, spawns 2 per building. same stats as campaign. Building: Creep Tumor
- Lurker: cost: 225, same stats as campaign, except: attack damage is 25 plain +2 per upg. Building: Lurker Den
Back to top Go down
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

PostSubject: Re: Balance and interface suggestions   Balance and interface suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:43 am

That are productive comments thank u very much. x)
I will include some of them into the game (over the week).

For sc1 units u must wait a while, i first want to balance standart game, and make it stable.
hf Sylon
Back to top Go down
https://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Balance and interface suggestions   Balance and interface suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:13 am

Thanks, i already noticed a few of my suggestions actually making it, glad i was of help.

IDK if this is the proper place to put it (maybe a general balance forum could be good?), but i'm coming with the next batch.

UI:

- The "mid control" icon should not obscure the ally tab, it's hard to see who's in game and who left. Also, if you make that panel available, IMO it's be wise to disable resource trading at all.

Balance:

All races:
- air upgrades are too expensive, it severely limits diverse play. Their cost should only be slightly more than ground weapons (like +25).

Terrans:
- Reapers seem to be a tad bit overpowered. Reduce their bonus damage by 1, and also reduce their vs building damage a bit.
- Hellions are still bad. They either need a cost reduction to 80, or something like +2 base damage. Also, their blue flame should cost around 75 minerals (not 150)
- Marine spam can be too powerful. IMO they should cost 110.

Protoss:
- Colossi seem to be a bit too powerful. I'd advise a slightly slower attack speed on them, or a cost increase to 450 or 425.
- I still keep my opinion on DTs, although by experience they are decent versus Archon meat shields. Add charge to them (they have a neat charge anim ^^), and reduce cost to 175.

Zerg:
- Queens (with healing) can make battles last forever, especially versus Protoss, and are very good meat shields, but they are almost useless versus Terran except for AA. My suggestion is to increase it's damage slightly (+1 for both attacks), but reduce healing power.
- Banelings are too powerful versus Terrans. Reduce their splash damage a bit (like i said, add a falloff)
- Hydralisk and Queen should get either a speed upg off creep or a slightly faster speed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balance and interface suggestions   Balance and interface suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balance and interface suggestions
Page 1 of 1