Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AI of certain units

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

AI of certain units Empty
PostSubject: AI of certain units   AI of certain units Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm not sure how much control you have over the AI of some units, but there are a few grievances:

- Siege Tanks sometimes go "berserk" (unsiege and move close to attack with normal guns) on large units like Colossi and Thors.
- Phoenixes are too eager to use their graviton beam instead of dealing with air units.
- Broodlord broodlings really screw up the AI.
- Detectors sometimes stay too far away from the battle, not revealing hallucinations/cloaked units that are further back. I don't think they should suicide in too, so i'd suggest increasing the detection range a bit.
- Banelings ignore cannons.
Back to top Go down
icekid

PostSubject: Re: AI of certain units   AI of certain units Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 am

as far i know is the tanks only sige up if the ai deteckt a critic mass of Hp on a area so if you only maybe meet one colosi are the colosi hp not enugh to let the sige tank siege up
thats sometimes bad because the would do more dmg if they would sige up
sometimes good becuse they do not sige up for some sneak away unit of the wave of the last guy who had nothing to attak and yous sneak around your army so not for every stalker and let your army alone without tanks support

for the brutelords
is some of thier abilty to srew up the ai especialy the tanks of the terra so not the hit the ground army it msut be so or the zerg have nothing against sigetanks mutas realy hold them self of at the marines and not attak the tanks at all or et least to late to help out
Back to top Go down
Arkless
Editor (Coder)
Editor (Coder)

PostSubject: Re: AI of certain units   AI of certain units Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:56 am

Zee wrote:
I'm not sure how much control you have over the AI of some units, but there are a few grievances:

- Siege Tanks sometimes go "berserk" (unsiege and move close to attack with normal guns) on large units like Colossi and Thors.
Currently siege tanks are set to unsiege when only 1 unit is in range.
Quote :

- Phoenixes are too eager to use their graviton beam instead of dealing with air units.
It should have been fixed already... not 100% sure Very Happy
Quote :

- Broodlord broodlings really screw up the AI.
We are currently removing them from a lot of AI calculations, but we do not think it is crucial.
Quote :

- Detectors sometimes stay too far away from the battle, not revealing hallucinations/cloaked units that are further back. I don't think they should suicide in too, so i'd suggest increasing the detection range a bit.
not on my list atm, but maybe in the future
Quote :

- Banelings ignore cannons.
Yes, and it will probably stay that way for some time.
Might be decidable by players with the new upcoming ui, we will see...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AI of certain units   AI of certain units Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AI of certain units
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Desert Strike 1338 :: General Topics :: Improvement Suggestions-
Jump to: