Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mass battlecruiser

Go down 
+3
zuPloed
Fumbel
Ino
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fumbel

Mass battlecruiser - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass battlecruiser   Mass battlecruiser - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 am

TohoBuWaha wrote:
Fumbel wrote:
1)Build ton of marines (only way to counter it is imo infestor's or banelings)
Roach+Hydra works too, its not a hard counter, but it works. I prefer that over banelings as banelings just suck lategame (a lot of zerg will maybe disagree, but i prefer a strong lategame over early game baneling-busts)

Fumbel wrote:
2) Get help from Teammate's
?!? If a mate is able to help out its always helpfull for every strategy lol

Fumbel wrote:
3) Start selling 2-3 marine bunkers (late game) to get a bc up while ur 4-5 refineries shove money into you.
Now I understand...after 40+ minutes mass bc is really imbalanced... Rolling Eyes
Ref 4+5 take so insanely long until they make up their price that I absolutely never build them.

Fumbel wrote:
I just had a game, had 25 corrupters, and still lost. They came out and wupti boom dead cuz of yamato shit totally insane. And I even had 6 infestor's up, which wasnt even getting close to use parasite thing.
I never was that far in lategame (I played more than 50, probably ~100 games), but I'm very sure like 20 infestors and some hydras are much better here.

Fumbel wrote:
Also my teammates was building vikings which was getting ripped to shit of the cannon to. Becuase corrupters and vikings Clouster together in a small area, making bc's cannon go boom.
Imo vikings suck anyway on this map...too expensive, terran better uses bc's/marines/raven/thor (splash) to fight bcs.

Btw last games i tried to have a look at yamato canons and I doubt that they really do splash damage. Plz correct me if Im wrong

They do.

If it wasnt so hard to do replay's I would do it for you. But it take ages to do it.

Roach and hydra's aint gonna counter marine spam, well it might but I will lose against the other players then. building to only counter 1 enemy is kinda wrong since there are always noobs in that game.

Yes late game mass bc is overpowed. cuz the fact it is easy to get many up. and they are fully upgraded.

Im sorry u never try to play that late game. But bc's are ownage against corrupters. with my 25 Corrupters I get to take down 1-2 bc's before his marines and bc's nuke the shit out of them.
Back to top Go down
TohoBuWaha

PostSubject: Re: Mass battlecruiser   Mass battlecruiser - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:06 am

Hmm, I think you didnt understand me^^
Fumbel wrote:
Roach and hydra's aint gonna counter marine spam, well it might but I will lose against the other players then. building to only counter 1 enemy is kinda wrong since there are always noobs in that game.
I agree and thats exactly why i prefer Roach+hydra over banelings. Roach/Hydra is at elast decent against absolutely everything, while banelings completely destroy marines, but suck against enarly everything else. Btw Roach/Hydra is imo even stronger against the other factions than against terra

Fumbel wrote:
Yes late game mass bc is overpowed. cuz the fact it is easy to get many up. and they are fully upgraded.
That was ironic...normal game dont take that long and if 1/100 games becomes imbalanced in the very lategame...who gives a shit about that?
By very lategame I mean a player having 15+ bcs.

Fumbel wrote:
Im sorry u never try to play that late game. But bc's are ownage against corrupters. with my 25 Corrupters I get to take down 1-2 bc's before his marines and bc's nuke the shit out of them.
And thats why I told you to build more infestors and hydras instead of corrupters
Back to top Go down
zuPloed

PostSubject: Re: Mass battlecruiser   Mass battlecruiser - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:23 am

@fumbel

roach-hydra not countering marines (not to speak of anything else)?
Mad
and if he goes even more marines throw in 2-4 infestors, that turns the tide...
do u sometimes scan at the enemy point of time ur at 3 geysirs?
if not do so, gas (espiacially) is a pretty common reason for ur army
seeming weaker then the enemy one...
do u use speedupgrades with zerg? that might be a reason too,
when roach hydra sux...

Quote :
Im sorry u never try to play that late game....
nope, if i have an advantage i usually try to win
(if my teammates have a bit of a brain or teamsense,
we have an advantageous position, if 1 enemy has marine->bc,
and thats usually cannon down, middle control secured, and cought up in gasses)

also 25 corrupter is about 8 bc in price, additionally u should have at least 6 infestors
at those late game stages against his marines, if he has gone for them that long
(having fungal is actually never wrong when 15 minutes passed allready)

im tired of this theory-crafting, if i'm online i'm in the bnet channel "desertstrike",
phoscur (dont know him, but he posts here too) is there pretty often aswell,
feel free to contact me and we'll make facts...
(dont be shy i'm pretty happy, if i can exchange knowledge)
u can also pm me in the forum...
Back to top Go down
AbyssLord
User
User

PostSubject: Game of Numbers   Mass battlecruiser - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi!

My calculations shows that mass bc can be beaten by mass thor+several ghosts with emp. Mass thor deal splash damage, there is a 50 bc vs 40 thor video on youtube, without using yamato (ghosts may care about that, you can manually target emp) so, you can build abou 70 thor vs max. 80 battlecruiser. So i think mass thor beats everyting. I couldn't try it out yet, but i think this may work...
Also a thor+wiking+marine+raven combination works well. A lot of viking deal massive damage to armored, seeker missile deal also massive damage+splash, thors deal low amount of damage, but splash, and marines do the fast small to deal with heavily damaged bcs...

I usually win against mass bc... Smile
Back to top Go down
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Mass battlecruiser   Mass battlecruiser - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 am

Mass Thors only beat BCs if they are really massed. I mean REALLY. Ususally I don't even recommend building them vs BC as it takes too much time to mass them sufficiently, by that time you lose the game.

Marines are actually not very hard to counter, you just need to know what you are doing, and cut gases if you are not doing well enough (means: you do not control the mid). Mass roach counters them well early on, add queens and some lings if he adds marauders (no speed). I prefer infestors to hydralisks, because from then on it is walk in the park to broodlord and then to assured win.

Once you see BCs start massing corruptors like stupid. With middle ground advantage you will be able to out-produce them 3:1 (3.35:1) and thus win, but the game should not last long enough to run out of space, because then he'll start to win slowly. Broodlords are still useful with BCs around (they do not get yamato'd for some unexplainable reason), as they get rid of any ground support, misdirect Raven seeker missiles, and even make BCs waste their DPS on broodlings for some time. They usually also survive your entire wave, stacking up very heavily for the next one.

Also Yamato looks like it does splash/AOE, but in fact it does not do. It just has a large explosion gfx.

Advice for Hydralisk usage: they are very sucky AA by themselves. You need Queens with them to make them last longer. You cannot counter more than 2-3 BCs with hydralisks, but Hydra+Queen works a bit better. Queens are also very useful for healing Corruptors, they are very tough that way (infinitely better than Vikings).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass battlecruiser   Mass battlecruiser - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass battlecruiser
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2