Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Permission to make an offshoot of DS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

Permission to make an offshoot of DS Empty
PostSubject: Permission to make an offshoot of DS   Permission to make an offshoot of DS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:02 am

Hi devs!

I'd like to ask you a favor: i'm interested in making a different version of Desert Strike, so i'd like to have your permission to do so.

I'd develop my own system, but it takes a lot of time (and since nobody will play it due to the popularity system i'm not willing to invest so much time) and the basic system of DS is fine for my creative needs, so that is why i decided to ask you this.
As of lately i could not find the map in the editor on battle.net, so i'm guessing you made it protected (or i'm just blind). If so, i'll keep mine protected as well to avoid source leakage.

I'm also willing to part my solutions with you if you need any (we could kind of co-develop the projects). I'd also give full credits to you for the original map.

My primary goal is just my own amusement with this, and to test some pretty wild changes in balance and gameplay + to improve my editing skills.
Back to top Go down
Arkless
Editor (Coder)
Editor (Coder)

Permission to make an offshoot of DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Permission to make an offshoot of DS   Permission to make an offshoot of DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:04 am

Zee wrote:
Hi devs!

I'd like to ask you a favor: i'm interested in making a different version of Desert Strike, so i'd like to have your permission to do so.

I'd develop my own system, but it takes a lot of time (and since nobody will play it due to the popularity system i'm not willing to invest so much time) and the basic system of DS is fine for my creative needs, so that is why i decided to ask you this.
As of lately i could not find the map in the editor on battle.net, so i'm guessing you made it protected (or i'm just blind). If so, i'll keep mine protected as well to avoid source leakage.

I'm also willing to part my solutions with you if you need any (we could kind of co-develop the projects). I'd also give full credits to you for the original map.

My primary goal is just my own amusement with this, and to test some pretty wild changes in balance and gameplay + to improve my editing skills.

We did talk a lot about this and we will not give you the most recent version, but we can give you an older one. Send me an e-mail with that request to "photonenstrahl@quantentunnel.de".

Edit: If you need help to develop anything specific, I can help you. I am also willing to "teach" you some stuff about mapping if you lack the knowledge in any area I've already learned about.
Back to top Go down

Permission to make an offshoot of DS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Desert Strike 1338 :: Trigger / Development :: Questions-
Jump to: