Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spelling issues

Go down 
+2
Bottle
Sylon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

Spelling issues Empty
PostSubject: Spelling issues   Spelling issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I know that my english isn't very good.

So it would be nice if u could post my spelling faults in this threat.
thanks Very Happy

hf Sylon

Last edited by Sylon on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
Bottle
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

Spelling issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spelling issues   Spelling issues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 am

You've done a good job considering that English isn't your first language.

I'm going to play a few games now and spot all the spelling mistakes, then edit them into this post.

1. On the loading screen, spelling errors include Vespene, Geysers, and Control. Grammatically, you missed an "s" on the end of "editors" and "testers".
2. You always write "Terra" instead of "Terran". Even in the forums.
3. On the "build refinery" button, it should say "Each one freezes your income for 25x[X] seconds".
4. On the main panel, it should say "A list of all Ability upgrades", rather than "abilitie".
5. On the terran units list, the marauder's ability list should say "Passive ability: Concussive shells" instead of "Passive ability: concusiv shells".
6. On the terran units list, the reaper's ability should be two words: "movement speed" not "movementspeed". This occurs for many other units too (below).
7. When you build a barracks, the icon should say "spawns 2 marines", instead of "spawns 2 mariens".
8. Similarly, the bunker should say "spawns 1 marauder" instead of "spawns 1 maurarder".
9. Also the engineering bay should say "spawns 2 reapers" instead of "spawns 2 reaper".
10. And the sensor tower is missing the "spawns 1 raven" icon altogether.
11. Moving on to Zerg, the Mutalisk description on the units menu should say "glaive attack" instead of "glave attack".
12. The Overseer is a Detector, not a Detektor.
13. I have no idea what you are trying to say when you call the overlord a "beefe tankblob". I would use the description "Creep spreader", since that's its job.
14. Movementspeed again for the zergling, roach, baneling, overseer and overlord.
15. Zergling ability should be "attack speed: +20%" not "attakspeed: +20%".
16. The nydus network is missing the "spawns 3 overlords" icon, similar to the sensor tower and the raven icon.
17. Moving on to the final race- they are called Protoss, not Protos.
18. The Zealot and Observer again have an ability that increases movement speed, not movementspeed.
19. The Templar Archives is missing the "spawns 1 High Templar" icon.
20. On to the main screen: the "X" next to the "NextSpawningPlayer" should read "Next Spawning Player" when hovered over with the cursor.
21. The middle control coloured indicator says "middle controll" and should be "middle control".
Back to top Go down
icekid

Spelling issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spelling issues   Spelling issues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:24 am

nice list really some mistake not get in your eye if you have not english as firt language
like write it together or not^^ 12. is pretty much the german word^^ and only one letter is differnt. Well i would have even make more misstakes than Sylon Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Spelling issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spelling issues   Spelling issues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:38 am

Also, on the loading screen it says menue. However, correctly spelled it is 'menu'

Why don't you let one of us take a look at the spelling in game, if you could put that in a word document or something Smile
Back to top Go down
Angelus

Spelling issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spelling issues   Spelling issues Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:47 pm

still not fixed
Back to top Go down
Phoscur

Spelling issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spelling issues   Spelling issues Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:35 pm

There is nothing getting fixed atm. Editors don't even have time to post on the forum that they don't have time.

Fixing income is still urgent!
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Spelling issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spelling issues   Spelling issues Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:16 am

Leave the map guys. I've not really played DS since the selling-ally's-buildings returned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spelling issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spelling issues   Spelling issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spelling issues
Page 1 of 1