Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tactic with protoss (beggining)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrRobins

PostSubject: Tactic with protoss (beggining)   Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Alright here:
1st. The first thing you do is refinery... (always make refineries in the beggining of the game because after that you cant affort to waste time for refinery)
2nd. make top 2 lines in ONLY Stalkers(no matter is the enemy making zerglings or banelings)
3rd. Right after your first wave goes on make all tier 1 upgrades
4th. After Stalker lines are complete make tier 3
5th. (untill now you need to have all 3 refineries) Make 3 Archon (Why 3? because those are enough to make the perfect anti air or anti zerg army)
6th. (Optional) If the enemy makes mass air (void ray/ Mutelisks or smth) make more stalkers
Tip:Dont make phoenix - they atk grond too so that means not atacking only air which means not killing the air faster
7th. make all upgrades for tier 2
8th Make tier 3
9th make all upgrades for tier 3 (you should probbable be running out of place because of the rocks Wink dont worry its normal)
10th. thing what to make : Mass collosuss and stalkers/ Mass Carrier only
Tip for terran player: DONT start with mass reaper! its good to destroy enemy tower fast but with this strategy your reapers will die shortley Smile
o one more thing for protoss, if enemy is terran and his making mass thors and siege tanks make mass immortals before tier 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gilmore

PostSubject: Re: Tactic with protoss (beggining)   Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:18 pm

I disagree on a lot of points

1) ok
2) building only stalker is a bad idea especially if your tactics is to build them no matter what the enemy is doing.
You get 10 stalkers for 1250 :

-I get 9 marauder + stimpack for the same price -> you lost
-I get 8 zealot + charge + 3 stalkers -> you lost
-I get a mix of zergling + roach for the same price -> you lost

3) upgrade is usefull when you have a lot of unit, not at start.
2 stalkers > 1 stalker + upgrade

4) ok
5) I get my 3rd raf after killing the enemy first defense
Archon are too good and need a slight nerf imo.

6)7)Cool-

9) If you don't build zelot, get expensive unit like archon and get all the upgrade + t3, I'm sure you will have enough free space before the rock get destroyed.

10) mass carrier is a fail strategy
Colossus are powerful but you need to protect them in the front row and in the air (mix in zealot/immortal + void ray)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrRobins

PostSubject: Re: Tactic with protoss (beggining)   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:48 pm

meybe but with this strategy me and my friends are almolst unstoppable Very Happy (i dont know is almost everyone noobs or just we are so good that we think theyr noobs ) Smile and for the upgrades i really do them early becouse in the aftergame i cant lose any money on other things but units Wink and if in the beggining my stalkers have all upgrades aand your marauders not except the stimpackt .... D but yea some of the things are right (and i said only for the beggining Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icekid

PostSubject: Re: Tactic with protoss (beggining)   Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:17 pm

i must agree that only stalkers are a good t1 unit by toss but not to react on the other builds are always dangerous if the other really goes maroder right of maybe 3 zealost s would help to decoy dmg because they are unarmored units the rest stalker like you said i am pretty sure you research blink if you make stalker maybe just forget to list it Wink. for the tech up each attak tech provieds 2+ attak so yo you need at least 5 stalker be woth of not build an extra stalker instead and make a tech up ;/ more stalker always provieds more use for tech up so more dmg for lesser money^^. you have some mistake you sure making t2 not t3 at 4th
at 5th i would really look if i really need archons i only use thenm against mass vikings or mutas againt mass bio terra or zerg groundarmy you can better push your colosi build if you compare what colosi and archons do at dmg is a colosi mosty more worth to build
to 6th depens what kinda air if you get a banshee tera better do phonix because they can not fight back and you force them to do vikings if they come with bc or voids go for stalker later voids because by lateganme the stalker begin to block each other, for refs perfectiming ist mostly
1st 0:03 yo need mostly 3 sec to realy get to vespine
2nd 2:03
3rd 4:03
7th is like always perfect ^^ tech ups keep you alive
to 9th x you have as tosss enuogh space because your units are expensive^^ tech ups are yust good
to 10 th well depns on the oher s stategie but mostly tanks, thors or some really heavy air mostly i make a combiy o your both stategys or only air if the other got no tanks by tanks and thors i like to make colosi+ schield units + carrier well why all things togeher simple colosi take out biio army and soften the thors before die. Immos becaus e they decoy dmg from colosi carriers because if the enemy have a line of tanks even a same amoug of colosi would die before it reach the last one splash dmg against armored are yust so good carrier have a larger range so they do not run in thor fire like voids would
for youst masss air doing voids and stallker + strorms

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svetlinko

PostSubject: Re: Tactic with protoss (beggining)   Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:34 am

I kinda agree with ya for the mass stalker Smile because i make mass stalker IT WORKS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbyssLord
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Tactic with protoss (beggining)   Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:36 am

MrRobins wrote:
Alright here:
1st. The first thing you do is refinery... (always make refineries in the beggining of the game because after that you cant affort to waste time for refinery)
2nd. make top 2 lines in ONLY Stalkers(no matter is the enemy making zerglings or banelings)
3rd. Right after your first wave goes on make all tier 1 upgrades
4th. After Stalker lines are complete make tier 3
5th. (untill now you need to have all 3 refineries) Make 3 Archon (Why 3? because those are enough to make the perfect anti air or anti zerg army)
6th. (Optional) If the enemy makes mass air (void ray/ Mutelisks or smth) make more stalkers
Tip:Dont make phoenix - they atk grond too so that means not atacking only air which means not killing the air faster
7th. make all upgrades for tier 2
8th Make tier 3
9th make all upgrades for tier 3 (you should probbable be running out of place because of the rocks Wink dont worry its normal)
10th. thing what to make : Mass collosuss and stalkers/ Mass Carrier only
Tip for terran player: DONT start with mass reaper! its good to destroy enemy tower fast but with this strategy your reapers will die shortley Smile
o one more thing for protoss, if enemy is terran and his making mass thors and siege tanks make mass immortals before tier 3

what about mass broodlord?
they stop all your ground unit and even all protoss air unit with targetable broodlings... you can't kill fast enough to deal with them, only by mass archon.
i played a lot against a massive bl army as protoss and didn't kill them fast enough, then ally/opp army arrived, and there was a massive unkillable wall-generator with a large backup army...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tactic with protoss (beggining)   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:41 am

Broodlords screw you to no ends. When they show up, you have 2 options as toss: all in and win the game before they get massed enough, or switch to all air. Neither is a stable solution.

Also my openers for toss:

1st position:
PvP, PvZ: no gas, 4 zealots, get gas once units are out
PvT: no gas, 1 zealot, 2 stalkers, gas once units are out

2nd position:
Either add one more unit to a no gas opener (only if I know the matchup), or start with gas and less units

3rd position:
PvP: gas, all zealots
PvZ: gas, 4 zealots, then stalkers
PvT: gas, 1 zealot, then stalkers

Using stalkers in PvP is pretty foolish. They only become useful once there are enough of it (which is too late), otherwise they are just for AA in that MU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactic with protoss (beggining)   

Back to top Go down

Tactic with protoss (beggining)
Page 1 of 1