Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minimap problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

Minimap problem Empty
PostSubject: Minimap problem   Minimap problem Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:57 am

Hi we have a problem with the minimap,

2 month ago our map information was buged so we needed to load all the datas into a new version.

The problem since that moment is that our terrain is buged.
Every time we wanna change something in the terrain editor our minimap get black.

Thats the reason why we havent changed the Controll of vespine gysers yet.

If someone who know about these things could take a look on our map, we would be very gracefull x)

hf Sylon
Back to top Go down
https://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

Minimap problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimap problem   Minimap problem Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:19 am

It seems like the texture set you are using is absolutely corrupted. I played a bit around in the editor (i was unable to even change or paint texture due to the corruption), and found out that changing the texture set (from Haven to anything else - Tarsonis looks good btw Very Happy ) makes the minimap not black again.

EDIT: damnit lots of typos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

Minimap problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimap problem   Minimap problem Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 am

ahhhhhh... nice, thx a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
Major370

Minimap problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimap problem   Minimap problem Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:27 am

ITS NOT CORUPTION!

Its the fact that you changed the standard set of tiles in one editor.
Then wehn you tried to change them in an editor that was still on default tile set. it could not let you.

The thing to do is to start using a Library, and store information like your tile sets, triggers etc. to share to other editors. If there are more than one person editing the map.

Spend time learning the editor before asuming on corupted data. The edit is a powerful tool in the right hands. And as i said to you before, if you want help just give me a PM.
Back to top Go down
Arkless
Editor (Coder)
Editor (Coder)

Minimap problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimap problem   Minimap problem Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:04 am

Major370 wrote:
ITS NOT CORUPTION!

Its the fact that you changed the standard set of tiles in one editor.
Then wehn you tried to change them in an editor that was still on default tile set. it could not let you.

The thing to do is to start using a Library, and store information like your tile sets, triggers etc. to share to other editors. If there are more than one person editing the map.

Spend time learning the editor before asuming on corupted data. The edit is a powerful tool in the right hands. And as i said to you before, if you want help just give me a PM.
Razz you assume things, not us
We are sending the map to the one editing all the time, that bug came with some patch (1.3 i believe) and also happened to at least 3 (saw their threads in a german mapping forum). The first bug was that we couldnt upload the map, no matter what. I tested wich of the files was corrupted and exchanged it with the same file from a blanc map. This created a new problem but this new problem was a side product of fixing a blizzard fail.

But still, thank you for helping us (@everyone who tried to help).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minimap problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimap problem   Minimap problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minimap problem
Page 1 of 1