Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 queens t2?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
icekid
Active Member
Active Member


Posts : 76
Join date : 2011-05-27

PostSubject: queens t2?   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:43 am

hy guys i would sugest that queens should become t2 units they heal zerg unist so strong that you have as toss or terran no chance of real dmg to any queen or kill it.
you need emp and ghost as terran and archons(all t2 units) as toss. they are not strong dmg dealer but since you need really much time to kill any queen is mostly the case that you have a mass up by the next wave and get overrun the enmy waves hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edmon
Active Member
Active Member


Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: queens t2?   Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:05 am

icekid wrote:
hy guys i would sugest that queens should become t2 units they heal zerg unist so strong that you have as toss or terran no chance of real dmg to any queen or kill it.
you need emp and ghost as terran and archons(all t2 units) as toss. they are not strong dmg dealer but since you need really much time to kill any queen is mostly the case that you have a mass up by the next wave and get overrun the enmy waves hard

Marine spam with stim is very strong against queen spam and the marines remain useful into the late game.
Just be sure to add stim and +1 early as a good queen spammer will add armour. If they have any sense they will add banes, so thats when you need to T2 before there are too many banes to mow down easily (switch to tanks).

Zealots are also extremely effective against queens with charge, once again add +1 to get the most out of your zeals.

I've also seen blink stalkers used really well vs queens because queens are so slow and short on range. By the time queens and stakers start to die, the next waves turn up and the queens are out of energy.

Never go air vs queens. Queens rape air so hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icekid
Active Member
Active Member


Posts : 76
Join date : 2011-05-27

PostSubject: Re: queens t2?   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:40 am

well i did mean more some combi of roahes and queens not queens only if you do like 4R to 1Q the other will do have your hard time becaucse even marouder wil have problems to kill the roahes who get healed

only mass blink stalker realy work out in the early game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edmon
Active Member
Active Member


Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: queens t2?   Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 am

icekid wrote:
well i did mean more some combi of roahes and queens not queens only if you do like 4R to 1Q the other will do have your hard time becaucse even marouder wil have problems to kill the roahes who get healed

only mass blink stalker realy work out in the early game

Ah, if they are adding a roach screen, add maru. They do insane damage to armoured units (which roaches are) and the queens should burn through their energy even faster.

A quick tech to T2 + Medivacs should also be considered. Queens are really expensive so you can afford it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)


Posts : 123
Join date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: queens t2?   Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:21 am

I Thought about this too.
The queens just are a bit to Tanky.

I have these things in mind atm:

-faster speedup for queens
-decrease tranfuion values:
(+)cooldown
(-)healing amount
(-)energy regeneration

But the part that worries me, is that they are 'very'(too?) strong aigainst air at the beging.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
Edmon
Active Member
Active Member


Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: queens t2?   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Sylon wrote:
I Thought about this too.
The queens just are a bit to Tanky.

I have these things in mind atm:

-faster speedup for queens
-decrease tranfuion values:
(+)cooldown
(-)healing amount
(-)energy regeneration

But the part that worries me, is that they are 'very'(too?) strong aigainst air at the beging.


Queens are the only decent zerg AA throughout the game to be honest. Corruptors clump too much and hydras are "light" and easily dealt with by any +damage to light unit or anything with splash. Also, queens will always perfer to target an air unit, where as hydras will hit anything near them.

I wouldn't personnally change their AA role, without them zerg will struggle to deal BC's/carriers in the mid and late game (corruptors pack themselves into tight balls and get pwnt by splash damage such as thor/archon/storm/HSM).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icekid
Active Member
Active Member


Posts : 76
Join date : 2011-05-27

PostSubject: Re: queens t2?   Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 pm

against banschee, mutas and voids are they are unbeatable
but against bc or carrier you need corruptors becaus of the wide range of the cariers and the yamato cannons and they are pretty well armoured so even mass queens do only little dmg and brutelords would stop queens with brutelinsg before they could close in

well if i would see what he play mass quens i would never do air it is like send hellions against tanks yust stupid lol!

@ Sylon
i would agree to your thoughs the healing amoug are to great they do a 3/4 Hp heal to roahes and thats to hard i would say the half of thier hp wolud be ok like 70 hps per transfusion. The col down and the energy reg would only come to play if they surrive the first wave of attakers and than they are stll like a tank if they can do that

for storms i would add some zerglings they are faster then the curruptoer and the ki will focus them first aganst archons and thors i would do brutlords they will focus tzhe brutelings not your currptors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: queens t2?   

Back to top Go down
 
queens t2?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Desert Strike 1338 :: Balancing :: Zerg-
Jump to: