Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Next patch topics - general game development

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

PostSubject: Next patch topics - general game development   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:05 am

Sry for having reallife Razz

I wasnt acutually working on the map, but i read all your posts.

So i want to have these suggestions discussed for the next patch pleas:

Suggestions:

1. Overlord: +1 spawn, cost=+25$, max hp= 100, starging hp= 80
1. Battlecruiser: cost +25/50$
3. Increasing terra infantry upgrade cost?
4. Changing protos air upgrade costs.
5. Adding templar up: +25 staring energy
6. General cost changes of all air units?

Cause everyone seem to have another idea in wich the game should evolve,
I am open for any suggestions to find a gernerall consens.

Tomorrow *Sunday*, i'll open in channel in sc2 (20:00 - 21:00 and 22:00-23:00). Patch: 22:00

Topics will be:
-income system
-general game development
-balancing
-bugs (if there are coder out there, or general mapper: suggestions triggerwise would be nice Very Happy)

Everyone who wants me to invite him/her, pleas send me your addy in the forum (by privat message).

Last edited by Sylon on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:59 am

The things you listed seem to be good things to start balancing by.

Also there's this ancient bug that geysers are owned by the host player, which is really easy to fix (select all geysers -> owner -> neutral)

Also i have a small wishlisht for convenience/balance changes:

- Decrease Stalker speed a tiny bit (to around 2.65), they move in front of your zealots a lot of times
- Remove movement speed bonus from stimpack. It's annoying that infantries move too much ahead the rest of the army.
- Decrease Tank and Hellion speed slightly (similar reasons).
- Does anyone get the reaper speed upgrade? It's pretty useless, because then the reapers will get ahead the rest of your army, and die before prematurely instead of nicely mixing in with the rest of your forces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:13 am

An (imo better) alternative to making BC more expensive is to nerf the PF so that you can actually destroy it with t2 units, if the opposing team has no proper defense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icekid

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:38 am

@ zee
i think you forgot somethim in your wishlist if you researvh charge your zealot will be in frot of your stalker if enemys comes
to the stimpack to use stim on maroder manualy i the only thing to sepperate your maraoder and marines so banes reaper are not sso effetive any more same for immos yous it on your marines so the immortals attak the mariens instead of the maroder
well and if you anoyed by it yust undo the autocast adn reactivate it iyou need it

for the reaper speed i agree with you its a pretty useless upgrade but no one force anybodyto buy it Laughing

well for the pf you cann kill it even with t1 units if the enmys are bad my fastest game was 13 mins (all did a marine build and i reaper guess who won^^) but you need much more of them and the pf is to slow for massspeedlings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Problem with PF is, in order to kill it with a reasonable army size you need units, that cant even attack air, like banelings, reapers, zerglings, tanks or colossi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Quote :
i think you forgot somethim in your wishlist if you researvh charge your zealot will be in frot of your stalker if enemys comes

I always research charge for my Zealots as soon as they spawn, but even with that, they are only slightly faster (2.9 vs 2.Cool than Stalkers, and when i have a line of Stalkers they often get stuck behind it and push them all the way to the frontline where they cannot break free until the Stalker line is breaking. This usually costs battles that could have otherwise been won.

Although speed and upgrades are a lot more pressing for Zerg, at least their units arrive to the field in the correct order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icekid

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:37 am

mhh i do not make much zealots (3 max and only if the other do much zerglinsg or zealots) so i do noit know at least at the begin it really "charge" helps out to avoid the problem and later are zealot most not very usefull anyways because the get kicked by the ranged effekt of mass bio(terra or zerg) or stalker with blink who yust blink away and the zealotz have not so much use because they kill not many units and to stopp mass zergling are they really not good then i better do invest in high temps and storm^^
well to slower the stalker do not really hurts but that they block the few zealot i build realy not decide a battle not in mid and late game in the begin you have niot a line of stalkers who can really block the completly and charge works well in that phase
Back to top Go down
View user profile
igge23

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Why not make "spawn groups" ?

you have 3 colors on your buildings.

red - spawns in the front
blue - spawns in the middle
green - spawns in the back

Then you can pick whatever unit you want in front of all the others so they dont just spawn in a big ball

And if you can, implement a spawn clock. the spawn is on half and whole minute

But why not make a spawn clock next to the spawn icon at the top right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Sry for lagging new patches, we are working at a system, wich make it able for everbody to aktivate and deaktivate specific abilitys. So u can choose what they should cast.

pleas be patient x)

hf Sylon
Back to top Go down
TheDarkness

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:21 am

like making different "upgrades" ?
i think somethink like that should work and ingame it would be like
you build zealot and you can upgrade to charge zealot, the building colour could change, the upgrade is free, requiment is the charge ability, if you upgraded to charge zealot you can upgrade to a normal zealot for free (each building can upgrade and downgrade like you have x zealots and y charge zealots or x+y zealots/charge zealots)

only thing you had to do is making the upgrade requiments, removing the charge spell from the normal zealot and adding a new zealot with the charge spell in the data editor (i would say its mostly copy&paste but you delete the ability from the standart zealot after getting the new one)

correct me if iam wrong, just some basic thinking+crap english (iam german ^^) never made a map, just looked a bit into the editor
(we need the ability on/off thing for each building not for a building group otherwise we could just dont research the upgrade for the units if we dont want it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:49 am

Arkless just made a value witch can be deupgradet (in a speperate inferface window)
Thant means that the units arent able to auto cast that spell anymore (u can turn it on/off)

You will still be able to cast abillitys manually (some spells)
but thx for your thinking efforts Darkness Wink
Back to top Go down
Arkless
Editor (Coder)
Editor (Coder)

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:13 am

Since you are probably curious about it I uploaded an early version for you to test:
Desert Strike SC2

A lot of things might/will change but you can already see how it will work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 am

This ability turn on/off window seems to be quite useful, but i have one problem with it. The animation. It starts on, and it is sooo slow, every game i have to extend it, then uncheck the animation to make it useful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next patch topics - general game development   

Back to top Go down

Next patch topics - general game development
Page 1 of 1