Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Protoss AA too weak

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gitch

PostSubject: Protoss AA too weak   Tue May 31, 2011 8:04 am

I think Protoss AA is too weak. Mass upgraded BC are impossible to counter because you need expensive HT to prevent yamoto and the rest of your AA is then not strong enough. Also in P v P it is very hard to counter air (VR/Carrier) unless you have opened with lots of AA. I think to fix this phoenix need a buff because they are completely pointless at the moment and still would be if graviton beam is fixed, as they are easily counteterd by all races and don't really counter anything themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickness

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 am

Yea Phoenix needs a range buff. Possibly other attributes aswell, they are really weak. And as you say, protoss needs more anti air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deminuscolo
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:09 pm

I concur and this is my tip:

- implement a new unit: THE SCOUT.

This unit already exists in campaign and it was the main air unit in SC1 and BW. Scout can shoot both ground and air but its main role is AA.

This new unit, tier 2 i suggest, 225 cost, natural stats, will solve the problem.

Sylon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deminuscolo
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:25 pm

I forgot:

not only scouts may be implemented but you should also reconsider the cost of voids and carriers.

Void rays are easily counterable with little GA or AA and are actually the only AA answer to bc.

You have recently buffed this unit with a -33 charge time but I still find them expensive. Shall we try to have them at 275?

Carrier also are REALLY expensive!!! And they have been nerfed a lot. Maybe we can try them with -25 or -50 minerals?

Your opinions sylon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edmon

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:40 am

deminuscolo wrote:
I forgot:

not only scouts may be implemented but you should also reconsider the cost of voids and carriers.

Void rays are easily counterable with little GA or AA and are actually the only AA answer to bc.

You have recently buffed this unit with a -33 charge time but I still find them expensive. Shall we try to have them at 275?

Carrier also are REALLY expensive!!! And they have been nerfed a lot. Maybe we can try them with -25 or -50 minerals?

Your opinions sylon?

Carriers are extremely powerful and should not be buffed. Honestly, screen them with a few pheonix and they own hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 am

IMO the scout is a good option to put into the game, it'd serve as a cheaper, more AA oriented version of the VR. Also the air upgrades are a bit too expensive, it's hard to switch into upgrading them.

Units like the scout need a longer AA the ground range, because of the A-move style (also swap the weapons around so that Ani-Matter missiles are the primary, because campaign scouts use the 8 damage blaster on Colossi)

Carriers seem fine now, Sylon actually pretty much implemented the change i had in mind for them (less burst damage, more DPS and scalability)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gitch

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:56 pm

I think adding the scout would be an excellent idea.

I also find carriers too expensive, especially when compared to broodlords and battlecruisers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zepnic

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:51 am

I suggest to disable Graviton Beam on the Phoenix since at the moment it does more harm than good. Either that, or fix the AI for it, which is terrible.

Then we can determine whether the unit itself is weak or not.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nerzhul
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:57 am

What about Archons? They have decent HP and do splash against air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Nerzhul wrote:
What about Archons? They have decent HP and do splash against air.

- low range
- block each other
- ineffective vs Battlecruisers, Carriers, Broodlords

Edit: About Phoenixes: The main problem here is - for a unit that costs 175 mins - their dmg is subpar against anything, that is not light (only Mutas, Banshees and other Phoenixes are light air units) and terribad against anything, that has some armor (especially BCs).

Maybe adding +1 range to Stalkers would be an option, they feel a bit weak to me anyway and their blink would actually be useful against Marauders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icekid

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:52 am

archons for the vikinks and voids for bc and colosi for the bio what could interrupt the ai of the archons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soundtek
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:52 pm

I agree to add the Phoenix Smile The AA section of Protoss is too weak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protoss AA too weak   

Back to top Go down

Protoss AA too weak
Page 1 of 1