Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Holding middle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phoscur

PostSubject: Holding middle   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Playing this game now for some time, I find the game most of the time onesided. This is of course, because when you are able to hold the middle for a longer time (siegeing the fortress) the team losing team has no chance to win anymore, because the enemie simply has way more income.

My proposal to fix this:
Add a counter so you can't get the extra 15% of middle income for, let's say, 3 minutes. This could lessen the disadvantage and give the losing team the chance to win the middle back.

The goal is to have more exciting and epic games right? We all love these last longing matches when some people can't even watch the battle anymore because they are lagging too hard^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulCleaver

PostSubject: Re: Holding middle   Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:04 am

I am sorry but I seem to disagree with you. I think that altering the mid-income bonus might greatly reduce the effectiveness of some strategies (for example 0-1 gas all in). That would be a shame Wink
And I think that a game of 15-25 minutes on average is quite ok Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Holding middle   Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:57 am

I disagree too. It takes a long time for the middle bonus to definitely consign one team to defeat. (although the more evenly skilled the players are, the less time it takes).
The cannon bonus (combined with the middle bonus) is the game-ender.

No offense, but turning the middle bonus off for 3 minutes = "don't care about the game for 2 turns".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoscur

PostSubject: Re: Holding middle   Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:42 am

I didn't mean to give a perfect solution. Maybe this should only work after the middle is open, or the time duration 5mins. I just want more epic battles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holding middle   

Back to top Go down

Holding middle
Page 1 of 1