Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hellion and patch update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus

hellion and patch update Empty
PostSubject: hellion and patch update   hellion and patch update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:47 am

Hi,

I was wondering if any patch updates are still written down in the help menu?

Also, the hellion has become even more useless now, imo.

Since patch 1.4, blue flame only gives +5 bonus instead of +10. The upgrade still costs 150 minerals and is far less usefull. I suggest, to increase the usefulness of hellions, to reduce the upgrade cost to 100 and increase the bonus to +10.

And if anything like this is done, please release patch notes.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: hellion and patch update   hellion and patch update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:02 am

does anyone even use the hellion to any degree of succes these days?
Back to top Go down
SoulCleaver

PostSubject: Re: hellion and patch update   hellion and patch update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:38 am

Angelus wrote:
does anyone even use the hellion to any degree of succes these days?
Only if the enemy has a very one-sided army... (which is not often Exclamation)

I guess the extra cost of the blue-flame upgrade was meant against harvesters. Since there are no harvesters in Desert Strike, it might be a good idea to consider changing the way it works now ...
Back to top Go down
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: hellion and patch update   hellion and patch update Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:11 am

agreed, developers, please...what do you think of this, or do you have any ideas to make the hellion even remotely useful?
Back to top Go down
Phoscur

PostSubject: Re: hellion and patch update   hellion and patch update Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:27 pm

I like to use them going full mech as terran, but most of the time they are just there to keep enemie units away for a sec to give my stronger tanks or thors time to position. Having a lot of them, they serve to kill massive zerglings or zealots. They fail against marines as they do no real areadamage on them.
That upgrade is really too expensive for just +5.

Also please keep us updated on what you are doing with the map, this sucks to be uninformed and to discover old bugs.
Back to top Go down
SoulCleaver

PostSubject: Re: hellion and patch update   hellion and patch update Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Phoscur wrote:
(...) and to discover old bugs.
Very true: There are still quite some bugs that can be found in this forum that remain unfixed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hellion and patch update   hellion and patch update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hellion and patch update
Page 1 of 1