Desert Strike 1338
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Strike 1338

A community site for everyone who wants to help developing the starcraft 2 costume map: Desert Strike 1338

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Selling buildings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pax77
User
User

Selling buildings Empty
PostSubject: Selling buildings   Selling buildings Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:11 am

I just want to mention, that the possibility to sell buildings changes everything. It is now valid to start with mass zerglings. Or mass dt. Or in general you can mass tear one units and must not be afraid of air units - or take care that every building space is also useful in late game.
I am not sure if this is good. At least it gives a lot more tactical options which is in general a good thing Wink, but - e.g. - as Terran i can go mass reaper at start. You have to stop that or the cannon/base is down rapidly. And mass reaper can go into a new dimension. If possible (teammates hold their lines) you can build the 20min area full of reaper. In theory you then can sell all of em at once and build e.g. banshees or bc or what ever. Sure the opponent can sell his stuff, too ...

The undisputed advantage is, if you miss clicked your building you can sell it and build it in the right place in the row. But there for 0% refund is good enough.
I always did not like the point e.g. in c&c where the common starting strategy was (is?) to build an defensive tower and sell it to get some troopers asap.
But for now the dynamics with the selling thing are at least interesting - so are the in game discussions Smile

Regards,
PAX
Back to top Go down
Sylon
Editor (Data-Blancing)
Editor (Data-Blancing)

Selling buildings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling buildings   Selling buildings Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 am

Yea maby ill make a lower refund or some units, or in general. (if there are to overpowered strats)
The fact that u are giving up 30% of all money when u sell all your tier 1 units make it ok atm i think.
Letz just keep it this way for 1-2 days and look how its developing ok? Wink

hf Sylon
Back to top Go down
https://desert-strike-1338.forumieren.com
pax77
User
User

Selling buildings Empty
PostSubject: Ok   Selling buildings Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:53 am

Experimenting a bit with selling tactics is seems the best strategy is - surprisingly - the strategy where you have to sell as less as possible. Of course you can overwhelm some noobs, but they would have lost anyhow.

hf
Back to top Go down
icekid

Selling buildings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling buildings   Selling buildings Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 am

well seem like in real buisness do not make investments that do not hold long and do not waste money^^ Surprised and the ghost and some other units are not sell able
Back to top Go down
Zee
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

Selling buildings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling buildings   Selling buildings Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:33 am

IMO selling is a pretty good feature, even if it kind of changes the balance. At least zealots are now somewhat viable (they were extremely risky before - they ignore air, they get raped by reapers, hydras, marines in numbers, archons, ghosts, roach/queen, banes), but now you can just sell them if they become useless. Similar thing with lings (although to a lesser degree).

Mostly it is not worth selling units, because even that 30% loss is pretty significant. I met someone who started with a mass marine, i responded with mass colossus, then he went for BC. I already had a significant number of Stalkers as meat shields for the Colo, so i had no problem with the Cruisers, but he had a problem because my Colos just went on to kill their main building. His cruiser numbers never reached too much because he lagged behind on money due to sells.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Selling buildings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling buildings   Selling buildings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selling buildings
Page 1 of 1